At TFM in Langley, we offer Temporary Refrigeration Operators throughout Metro Vancouver and the Fraser Valley, providing a service for industrial and commercial plants that use boiler and refrigeration equipment.
Only certified Power Engineers are permitted to operate such equipment across all Canadian Provinces and Territories, and we deliver trained refrigeration professionals for temporary employment to help those who require additional labour during peak times or labour shortages, in an industry that is booming across BC.
HOW OUR TFM REFRIGERATION PLANT OPERATORs ARE TRAINED
The TFM Refrigeration Plant Operator Program provides our students with all of the technical knowledge and skills needed to enter into the field of power engineering, specifically in the area of refrigeration plant operators.
Upon successful completion of the refrigeration plant operator program in Langley, students are prepared to write the Technical Safety BC exam, allowing them to obtain their interprovincial Refrigeration Plant Operator Certificate, which – in turn, allows them to provide industrial and commercial plants with temporary employment services across the Lower Mainland or throughout BC as needed on a contract basis.
WHAT OUR STUDENTS STUDY TO EQUIP THEM AS A TEMPORARY REFRIGERATION OPERATOR
- Legislation and Boiler Industry History
- Canadian Standards Association Code – B52
- Basic Mathematics (Geometry)
- Basic Sciences (Mechanics)
- Plant Administration
- Refrigeration Fundamentals
- Controls and Instrumentation
- Condensers and Cooling Towers
- Pumps & Pump Maintenance
- Evaporators and Cooling Coils
- Plant Operations and Maintenance
- Air Conditioning
- Building & Plant Safety
- Fire Protection
- Logbook Upkeep
Typical Responsibilities of our Temporary Labourers in the Lower Mainland:
- Conduct daily inspections of the equipment and record the trends they see
- Provide general repairs, upkeep and maintenance of facility systems, building automation systems, HVAC, plumbing systems and more
- Communicate any repairs and maintenance that require outside contractors with supervisor as needed
- Coordinate work with other departments
- Adhere to all health and safety policies and procedures
- Perform other duties as assigned
If you need additional information about our programs or temp refrigeration operator services, please don’t hesitate to contact us either via email – email@example.com or by calling 778-873-1050. We look forward to serving your immediate and ongoing employment needs!