Ready to begin your career journey into Power Engineering? Plan ahead for fall with our 5th Class Power Engineer for Boiler Plant Maintenance!
At a price point of only $3,395.95, this includes all of the material you will need to complete the course and successfully take the exam required to begin your career.
This class begins September 19th, 2022, and is open to only 15 students – so early registration is highly recommended.
As mentioned on the technicalsafetybc.ca website…
The Fifth Class Power Engineer certificate of qualification allows you to be:
- Chief engineer of a fifth class plant
- Shift engineer of a fourth class plant
To obtain this certificate, you’ll need to meet certain eligibility requirements. You will also need to pass an evaluation and an exam.
Eligibility for Boiler Plant Maintenance Power Engineers
In order to obtain a 5th class power engineer certificate, it requires you to fulfill one of the following…
- Proof of completing a fifth class power engineering course – which TFM can provide you with
- A Marine Engineer (motor) certificate of competency, any class (qualifying time not required)
- Or …proof that you have equivalent technical educational background approved by a provincial safety manager
Technical Safety BC also mentions that, in order to apply for an evaluation, one of the following must be completed…
- Four months as a power engineer trainee, in a plant that is fifth class or higher
- Six months experience in the design, construction, repair, operation, or maintenance of equipment that falls under Power Engineer, Boiler, Pressure Vessel, and Refrigeration regulation
- Marine Engineer (motor) certificate of competency (qualifying time not required)
5th Class Power Engineer Exam Explained
In order to acquire your certification as a 5th class power engineer, you will undergo a multiple choice exam. This exam offers you a 3.5 hour window to complete, and you must receive a final grade of 65% or more to pass.
Learn more below about…
Ready to set up your fall for a challenging and rewarding career? REGISTER NOW.
Or stop by our TFM Training Centre at Unit 206 20167 96 Ave in Langley, BC (view map) to discuss this exciting opportunity.
We look forward to being part of your success!