3rd CLASS POWER ENGINEER (PART A1)
This is a recommended course for those who plan to take the 3rd Class Part A1 SOPEEC examination.
The course is 2 weeks long and it the follow up to 2 months of self study on material provided by TFMCI based on the syllabus
A candidate is provided the following material
- A non-technical English language dictionary provided by the local jurisdiction;
- Handbook of Formulae and Physical Constants, Steam Tables and Refrigeration Tables which are provided;
- ASME Boiler & Pressure Vessel Codes except for Sections VI and VII;
- The 2004 ASME Boiler & Pressure Vessel Code Academic Extract and Supplement.
- CSA B51, Boiler, Pressure Vessel and Pressure Piping Code;
- CSA B52, Mechanical Refrigeration Code;
- Act and Regulations for British Columbia;
- Pens, pencils, erasers, highlighters, sticky notes;
- The approved type of non-programmable calculator
- Drawing instruments and drawing templates.A non-technical English language dictionary provided by the local jurisdiction;
The course is based on the following syllabus:
This part of the course is the study of Applied Science, Mathematics and the entire syllabus as outlined at the SOPEEC websIte at http://www.sopeec.org